R J Kelly & Associates
1457 Corner Stone Road
• A BBA Accredited Business
The owner/principal, Raymond J. Kelly received his architectural degree from New York Institute of Technology. During college and after graduating he served as an intern architect for small, medium and large architectural firms where he gained the additional knowledge and experience necessary to take the licensing exam and become a successful architect.
He is a member of the American Institute of Architects, is a National Council of Architectural Registration Boards certificate holder and is licensed in several States. He currently serves as a member of the Somerset County, PA, Zoning Board. In the past he has served as a member of the Nassau/Suffolk Health System Agency, The Center for Barrier Free Design and as a board member of his local church.
In 1980, Ray Kelly and Ed Sacher formed Kelly Sacher and Associates a full service architectural/engineering firm with a private and government client base in New York and New Jersey. In 1988, Mr. Sacher retired and Mr. Kelly changed the company name to AE Professional Group, becoming the owner and principal officer of that company. He managed the staff of architects, engineers, cad technicians and support staff. Over the next 10 years AEPG received design commissions from several government and corporate clients, and provided engineering services to several architectural firms. In December 1999, after much deliberation, Mr. Kelly made a tough decision, liquidated AE Professional Group and moved to Somerset County Pennsylvania. In January 2000, by God's grace, Mr. Kelly registered with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and established R J Kelly & Associates. RJKA has been responsible for providing outstanding architectural, engineering and construction services ever since to clients in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia, and Ohio. We also maintain a presence in North Carolina and Georgia.
On large projects, we have and will collaborate with one or more of our trusted associates (firm names will be provided during the commissioning process). The project team would be assembled based on the exact project size and scope. On design build projects, we partner with a construction company that we have worked with on numerous projects.
We understand that much of our work comes from referrals by satisfied clients, so we go to every length to ensure your complete satisfaction. From site selection, to the design concept, to assisting the owner in selecting and managing contractors, to seeing the project finished, we will be there every step of the way.
With more than 15 years in business, R J Kelly & Associates is an architectural, engineering and construction management firm that possesses a vast portfolio of impressive design solutions, and for many years has been consistently providing excellent services to our clients in Somerset, Pennsylvania, and in other areas of the United States. We have worked exceptionally hard to become the #1 architects and engineers available to you. When you call us, you won't be disappointed. You'll find we provide extensive solutions to turn your vision into reality, on time and on budget, using state of the art software and technology to provide you with an aesthetic, functional, energy efficient building. If you are proposing a project for Pennsylvania, Maryland, Ohio, West Virginia, New York, New Jersey, North Carolina or Georgia please contact us for a free consultation and fee quotation. We are looking forward to providing you with exceptional design services to meet your project goals.
1. The condo units have severe leaks through the exterior facade. Upon destructive examination of the exterior of one unit, it was revealed that the buildings were not sided or flashed properly to protect against snow build up during the winter snows. Other minor problems were also discovered.
2. This photo shows insulation board which had un-taped joints and is not a substantial substrate for proper siding installation. All insulation board was removed and replaced with exterior grade OSB.
3. This photo shows the proper installation of gas pipe flashing and building felts.
4. This photo shows the installation of the rain screen drainage plane over two layers of building felt.
5. This photo shows proper window head flashing and installation of rain screen water diverter.
6. In this condo unit the west-facing interior wall was cracked and bulged inward. Upon destructive exterior investigation it was discovered that the end trusses were not properly tied to the top of the end wall. The wall is west-facing and subject to severe wind pressure causing the end trusses to deflect inward, bulging and cracking the gypsum board.
7. If you look carefully at this photo you will see two problems. First, the connector plates on the inside truss were damaged during installation. Second, the trusses were not properly tied to the top plates and the trusses have been displaced inward about 3/4” due to the wind pressure. The solution was to tie the trusses to the wall with metal connector plates and run new sheathing 12” past the joint between the bottom cord of the truss and the top of the plate.
8. In this photo you can see the improper installation of the head flashing at the trim board. This was removed and replaced as part of the truss repair project.